Special days for special you - help you choose the right "menstrual partner",
The most stringent Sanitary napkin
s in history have been released! ——Comparative test report of “3·8” Sanitary
napkins in 2018
Project leader: Yan Yahui
Project unit: China Consumers Association Shenyang Consumers Association Shenzhen Consumer Council Baoan District Consumer Council Longhua District Consumer Council
Executive Agency / Shenzhen Quality Consumption Research Institute (SICQ)
The sanitary napkin you use,
Is there formaldehyde? Is there fluorescence?
Brightener? Foreign sanitary napkins are really better than domestic ones.
Better? "high-profile debut" liquid material
Sanitary napkins, sanitary napkins are really more traditional than traditional
Is the sanitary napkin better?
The answer is revealed soon!
This comparative test sample atlas
Faced with a variety of sanitary napkins on the market, the concept of business promotion is diversified. Traditional, new and functional sanitary napkins make female consumers look like flowers in the fog and do not know how to choose. According to the previous consumer survey data, female consumers choose the sanitary napkins to focus on the safety and usability of the products, and hope to know which brands in the market are more worthy of reassurance.
On March 8, 2018, the Consumers Association of China and the Consumers Association of Shenyang, Shenzhen, Baoan District, and Longhua District Consumer Council jointly issued a comparative test report on sanitary napkins to guide consumption for female consumers.
Referring to the international first-class standards based on the EU, this comparative test of all 35 sanitary napkins has passed the most stringent and comprehensive safety indicators in the industry. You can purchase with confidence: 35 comparative sanitary napkins have passed the most in the industry. Strict and comprehensive safety indicator testing, you can rest assured to buy:
All meet the most stringent requirements of microorganisms and formaldehyde in the world; no "migratory fluorescent substances" were detected in 35 sanitary napkins; the pH of 35 sanitary napkins was within the acceptable range.
The quality of branded sanitary napkins produced in China does not lose foreign brands.
There is a gap in the performance of sanitary napkins. There are 9 sanitary napkins with good water absorption ratio, 3 foreign original products and 6 domestic products.
Subjective experience: The overall experience of liquid material sanitary napkins is the highest, and the satisfaction of the tampon breathability is the best.
First, sample selection
According to the previous consumer survey, the sample selected in this comparative trial is a brand with a high degree of consumer purchase. The staff members have selected 35 as a common consumer from the channels commonly used by consumers such as supermarkets and shopping platforms. Domestic and international brand sanitary napkins, including 15 domestic brands, 20 models (11 original imported brands) foreign brands.
Second, 35 sanitary napkins all passed the most stringent safety test in the industry, and the subjective experience of liquid material sanitary napkins was the best.
(1) All passed the safety test; the water absorption rate difference is large, and the 9 models with high water absorption ratio are domestic brands and 1 domestically produced foreign brands.
1. Safety - 35 sanitary napkins consumers can rest assured to buy
Safety performance indicators include microbes, formaldehyde, pH, migratory fluorescent substances, and chemical substances.
(1) All 35 samples have withstood the most stringent microbiological examination
If there is a problem with the microbial indicators in the sanitary napkin, it will increase the risk of gynecological inflammation in women during menstruation and endanger human health. The results of this comparison test show that all 35 samples can meet the disinfection level requirements.
(2) The results of formaldehyde content test of 35 sanitary napkin samples were “not detected”
The hazards of formaldehyde are well known, especially when sanitary napkins are used as products that are in close contact with the skin. The requirements for formaldehyde should be higher. The relevant Japanese standards require a formaldehyde content of ≤16mg/kg.
The test results of 35 sanitary napkin samples in this comparative test showed that no formaldehyde was detected.
(3) 35 sanitary napkins have a safe pH and no harm to the human body.
The disease resistance of women in special periods is greatly reduced, and the pH of sanitary napkins that are in close contact with the skin, that is, pH, is an important factor in the health of women during special periods. It is understood that the pH of sanitary napkins is weakest to alkaline and is the safest for human body. The pH test results of 35 sanitary napkins in this comparative test were all 4.5 to 6.5, which is harmless to the human body.
(4) None of the 35 sanitary napkin samples detected "migratory fluorescent substances"
Comparison test of paper and sanitary napkin samples containing fluorescent whitening substances
(5) In addition to the national standard, the 35 samples are all met.
Refer to REACH regulations for chemical requirements for sanitary napkins, and test for organotin compounds, two heavy metals (lead, cadmium), three plasticizers (phthalates), short-chain chlorinated paraffins (waterproof adhesives, resistance) Fuels), and 8 polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon projects. The results showed that all 35 samples met their specified requirements.
2. Performance - The difference in water absorption ratio is large, 9 models are super average
According to previous consumer surveys, female consumers are concerned about the safety of sanitary napkin products, as well as the use of the amount of adsorption and the degree of dryness of the surface, that is, the amount of penetration required by the standard of sanitary napkins and the index of water absorption.
(1) The infiltration of 35 sanitary napkins is far greater than the standard requirements, of which 33 samples can fully absorb 5ml of simulated blood in the test.
The amount of infiltration is an indicator of the rate of blood permeation on the surface of the sanitary napkin, and is an indication of the ability of the sanitary napkin product to be absorbed instantaneously. The large amount of infiltration indicates that the sanitary napkin product penetrates quickly and absorbs well. GB/T 8939-2008 stipulates that the penetration of sanitary napkin products is ≥1.8g.
This comparison test has 33 kinds of products that can completely absorb 5ml of simulated blood, and 2 samples of sanitary napkins (Free sanitary napkins purchased by Suning Tesco and Hushubao's ultra-thin wings purchased by Jingdong Mall Sanitary napkins have not absorbed 5ml of simulated blood, but the amount of adsorption has reached 92%.
When consumers choose to use sanitary napkins with a small amount of infiltration, it is recommended to increase the frequency of replacement of sanitary napkins to ensure a comfortable body.
Infiltration test process
(2) There are differences in the water absorption ratio of 35 sanitary napkins. The three highest absorption ratios and the lowest three are foreign brands.
The water absorption ratio refers to the absorption capacity of the sanitary napkin product. It mainly evaluates whether the absorbent layer of the sanitary napkin can meet the needs of use, and the higher the absorption ratio, the greater the absorption capacity of the absorbent layer and the more comfortable the body feeling. GB/T 8939-2008 stipulates that the absorbent absorption rate of sanitary napkins is ≥7.0 times.
The test results show that the water absorption rate of the 35 sanitary napkin samples is up to 51.2 times (Sakura loves soft daily sanitary napkins, Japanese original), the minimum is 8.5 times (protective Shu Bao always ultra-thin wings are long, Canadian original). 9 samples exceeded the average water absorption ratio value (the average water absorption ratio value of this test sample is 21.6 times), and 3 foreign original production brands are respectively Sakura Ai Mianrou daily sanitary napkin 25cm, asana Asana ultra-thin cotton 240mm for daily use and 250mm for daily use of Enshi cotton; 6 models for domestic production: 290mm for guards, 240mm for natural cotton for daily use (Korean brand, domestic production), special cotton for gynecology Wipes 240mm, U suitable for natural bamboo fiber 240mm daily, Xiao Ni daily with cotton three-dimensional protective silk thin 240mm, and Weier no wet feeling daily 240mm.
3. The overall quality of sanitary napkins purchased by formal channels in the Mainland is not worse than that of Hong Kong and foreign imports.
According to previous research, foreign brands of sanitary napkins are more favored by female consumers. Many consumers believe that the quality of foreign brand sanitary napkins is better and more trustworthy, and then choose to buy foreign products by means of cross-border or Haitao. The samples were purchased from Shenzhen Shangchao, Hong Kong, and Shanghai Taotao for testing and comparison, involving 11 imported original products.
The results show that in terms of chemical safety performance, there is no difference in the quality of sanitary napkins in the Mainland, Hong Kong and Shanghai, and the most stringent standards can be met.
This sanitary napkin comparison test, the industry's most rigorous and comprehensive evaluation indicators were used to compare the samples.
(1) The microbiological index is the “disinfection level” requirement for the green product evaluation standard that is the most stringent in the sanitary quality inspection of sanitary napkins. The “disinfection level” requires that the total number of bacterial colonies is 10 times lower than the national standard.
(2) The formaldehyde content refers to the requirement of ≤16mg/kg in Japanese sanitary napkins and direct contact skin related product regulations. The requirement of this index is higher than the formaldehyde content ≤75mg/ in GB/T 35613-2017 "Green Product evaluation Paper and Paper Products". Kg requirements.
(3) The sanitary napkins that are highly concerned by consumers have the problem of fluorescent whitening agents. In this comparative test, the requirements for the evaluation of “migratory fluorescent substances” are: no detection.
(4) Refer to the EU REACH regulations for chemical requirements for sanitary napkins, and also added organotin compounds, heavy metals (lead, cadmium), three plasticizers (phthalates), short-chain chlorinated paraffins (waterproof) Glue, flame retardant), and 8 polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon projects were tested and compared.
This comparative test method uses the existing national standard test methods, laboratory general methods, international common detection methods for sampling and testing.
Formaldehyde in sanitary napkins:
Formaldehyde has a strong stimulating effect on human skin, especially in women's special period, it is more likely to cause skin eczema or allergies. However, when the formaldehyde content meets the requirements of relevant standards, it can be used with confidence.
The pH of the sanitary napkin:
The outermost layer of human skin is emulsified by the oil secreted by the sebaceous glands and the sweat secreted by the sweat glands to form a weakly acidic protective film called sebum film. The pH of the sebum membrane is 4.5 to 6.5, which protects the skin from being easily attacked by external bacteria. When the pH of the sanitary napkin is weakly acidic to alkaline, it is harmless to the human body.
Fluorescent whitening substances in sanitary napkins:
According to national relevant monitoring and current scientific verification, fluorescent whitening agents do not cause acute injury or long-term carcinogenic effects, and have a lower risk of irritating or causing allergies to human skin.
(2) What kind of experience is better for traditional and new liquid materials, cotton slivers and medicinal sanitary napkins?
This sanitary napkin comparison trial recruited 150 consumers who are not currently engaged in the sanitary napkin industry, aged between 16 and 45, respectively, for traditional sanitary napkins, new sanitary napkins (liquid tissue sanitary napkins), sanitary napkins. Articles and functional (medicinal) sanitary napkins are experienced in four types of products, and 1 to 5 points are evaluated according to subjective experience (1 point minimum, 5 points highest). (See Table 1)
Table 1 Subjective experience description
Subjective experience is an individual subjective feeling that consumers establish when they try to use goods. Because the individual differences will cause experience differences, this experience data is only used as a reference for consumers when purchasing hygiene products.
1. Breathability experience: the highest evaluation of the tampon permeability
According to preliminary research data, 95% of female consumers are concerned about the breathability of sanitary napkins. According to the staff's inspection of relevant standards and research companies, there is no uniform and scientific experimental method for the testing of the sanitary napkin's breathability. Therefore, the breathability of this comparative test is demonstrated in a consumer's subjective experience.
In this subjective experience of breathability, tampon evaluation is the highest, with an average score of 4.11 points; followed by liquid material sanitary napkins, with an average score of 4.1; medicinal sanitary napkins and traditional sanitary napkins have a slightly poorer breathability, with average scores respectively It is 3.96 points and 3.94 points.
2. Smell experience: liquid material sanitary napkins are highly praised
In the experience of “opening the inner packaging for smell”, the liquid material sanitary napkins scored an average of 4.37 points, which was highly praised; the traditional sanitary napkins were second.
3. Foreign body sensation and paste effect experience: tampon score is the lowest
The traditional skin care towel has the highest evaluation of skin-free and foreign matter (4.34 points), followed by liquid material sanitary napkins (4.28 points). Tampons are hygienic products that are placed in the body, so the experiencer can clearly feel the foreign body sensation, with the lowest evaluation (3.79 points).
In terms of paste, the medicinal sanitary napkin (Qianjin Jingya) performed best (4.12 points). However, some tampons have a pain and other discomfort when placed and pulled in, so the evaluation is the lowest (3.58 points), which is significantly different from other types of sanitary napkins.
4. The overall use experience: the highest evaluation of liquid material sanitary napkins, the lowest evaluation of tampon
In terms of overall use, liquid material sanitary napkins performed well due to odor, skin-friendly, and quick-drying, with an average score of 4.09, which was the highest. Followed by traditional sanitary napkins and medicinal sanitary napkins. The tampon was affected by the foreign body sensation and the experience of putting it in and out, and the overall evaluation was the lowest (3.89 points).
At present, traditional sanitary napkins are still mainstream products purchased by female consumers due to their use habits and prices. The awareness and acceptance of tampon in China is still relatively low, accounting for only 3% of the domestic market share, and its consumption and use groups are still mainly concentrated in Europe and the United States.
Sanitary napkins commodity comparison test results summary, see Table 2
Note: 1. “√” in the table indicates that the test has passed the test and meets the requirements of this comparative test. 2. The above rankings are in no particular order.
Sanitary napkin consumption tips
1. Regular channel purchase
Consumers are advised to choose a formal channel to purchase reputable branded sanitary napkins. When purchasing, carefully check the product information such as the health permit number, anti-counterfeiting mark, and shelf life on the outer packaging.
2. Pay attention to the sealing of sanitary products
Sanitary napkins should be selected as small packages, or zipper seals or seals with multiple seals to avoid contamination of the sanitary napkins.
3. Hygiene products should not be stored for a long time, not too much for one-time purchase
4. Hygiene products should be clean and dry
The bathroom is damp and does not see sunlight, and it is easy to breed bacteria and fungi. Especially in the south, the weather is warm and humid, pay attention to the storage environment. Hygiene products should not be placed in pockets and handbags with RMB, keys, etc., preferably in separate airtight packaging. Contaminated sanitary napkins should not be reused.
5. The best replacement time for menstrual hygiene products is 2 to 3 hours, please replace them in time.
Blood is the best medium for microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, mycoplasma, and chlamydia. If it is not replaced for a long time, the number of microorganisms on the sanitary napkin will increase, and it will become more and more likely to cause gynecological inflammation.
6. It is best to wash your hands before replacing sanitary items.
Sanitary napkins directly contact the female vulva skin, and menstrual period is a period of low female resistance, easy to retrograde bacteria, a little careless will increase the risk of gynecological diseases.
(2) Choosing different types of sanitary products according to their own needs and preferences
1. Liquid material sanitary napkins are more suitable for women who love exercise, moderate blood volume or low volume.
2. Medicated sanitary napkins are no different from ordinary sanitary napkins except for the functions of care cleaning and prevention of hemorrhoids. The comparison of the absorption performance of this comparative test performed well, and consumers with health care needs could pay attention.
3. Tampons are concerned by female consumers because of their more refreshing and convenient properties. It is recommended that the user use the auxiliary pad at the same time when the amount of menstrual period is small and the amount is small.
4. Regardless of the type of hygiene product selected, the optimal replacement time for menstrual napkins is 2 to 3 hours.